Thursday, September 20, 2007

IN FULL 3D








Watch out as hands, feet, and smiles move across the screen in 3D! Today, we got a sneak peak of what our little girl is going to look like when she is born. Of course without the goop and afterbirth. How did we do this you may ask? We gave in to another racket built on babies and children. Seriously, if you are having a baby, and someone advertises something associated with having a child that looks somewhat useful or cool, get ready to pony up some cash.

The most recent "you are having a baby, you must do this" adventure we went onto is the 3D ultrasound. It is a like having a regular ultrasound except that the pictures and video are in Amazing, in your face, 3D. At first I had my hesitation on doing this. I saw the pictures from the advertisements and they creeped me out. The pictures are in a gold-brownish color and you see the full depth and features of the baby in the mother's stomach. It looked way to sci-fi or like something out of a monster movie. But, as you can guess, the conversation went something like this:


Traci - "I want to get the 3D ultrasound"



Jeff - "No, I dont think so, it is a waste of money and it creeps me out"



Traci - "Really, I think it is cool and I want to see what our baby looks like"



Jeff - "No, it really creeps me out"



Traci - "Well, Im doing it and your mom wants to see it also"



Jeff (after losing the 2 seconds of concentration on what Traci is saying because he is watching football) - "ok, sure............damn, the Bucs just got scored on"



Traci (5 minutes later) - "I booked it, I got a great deal, and we are getting a video



Jeff (eyes not moving from the Tv screen) - "uh huh, ok"



Traci - "Put it in your calendar"



Jeff - "uh huh, ok."


And that is how its done. Can you imagine when my little girl asks for stuff like new clothes or a new car. Im toast.


So, we went today and I have to say Im glad we did it. It was amazing to see our little baby 's features and see her move. I saw her yawn, tug on her ear, lick her arm like a cat, put her hands in front of her face, smile, move her arms and legs and see her tiny little fingers and toes. I am so psyched now to meet her. Traci drank a Coke before the ultrasound so she was moving all around. The technician even told us that it was the best one she had done all day and that our little girl was very cute. She is not even born yet and I am already gloating.


Take a look at the pic below. You will see little Miss B-Dub in 3D!

Hand covering one eye

Resting on her Arm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Traci your new baby girl is beautiful!
Love
Aunt Rene'