Monday, April 16, 2007

It has begun

Ok, the napping and overall sense of not feeling well has been with my wife since she found out she was pregnant. Last night, the morning sickness attacked.

We live in Atlanta, GA and yesterday was abnormally cold (in the 40s, and I HATE the cold unless I am skiing). I made my way upstairs last night to go to bed and I felt like I stepped in the artic. It is freezing outside with gale force winds and my wife has the AC down to 20 degrees and the fan was on ultra high speed about to spin off the roof. My first reaction (which took about 5 minutes to get out through my chattering teeth) was "Are you kidding, Its freezing outside." Her response, "Its hot. Im sweating". With that, I grabbed a book and chipped away the dogs who were iced onto their dog beds and made my way to the guest room to thaw out.

I woke up this morning and entered the frozen tundra to find that the poor queen eskimo had been up all night sick. It continued throughout the day until there was a desperate plea from Traci to cure the naciousness. I feel helpless because I feel fine and I am ready to go to bed and she is curled up in a bed totally uncomfortable. So, I tried to be the hero and I jumped online to find the miracle cure. Do you know what I found........................ginger, small meals, and drink liquids. Wow, that is it. Medical Science can clone animals, replace organs, but they cant develop a remedy for naciousness. Talk about a billion dollar idea waiting to happen.

I dont have an answer except a kiss on the forehead and rubbing her back, but I have my ski jacket ready in case we have to return to the ice age tonight.

No comments: